Learning the basics of travel training is imperative. At IATP, we constantly know different safety methods when going into the community. Some of these methods include:
- Learning how to implement directions on a cell phone to find exact and precise locations.
- Exploring safer routes to get to my destination.
- Knowing and understanding how to behave in crosswalks when crossing the street.
- Being vigilant in my surroundings and constantly doing traffic checks when crossing the street.
- Learning how to utilize different public transportation methods and asking for assistance when needed.
Overall, when students leave our program, we want them to have a strong foundation for being safe when getting to different locations within our community.